Tuesday, July 12, 2011

32 Cars

It rained all last night....slow and steady with a little lightning and thunder.  I went for a walk first thing this morning.  I was only planning on going to the mailbox but couldn't really get up enough speed jumping puddles to get a workout.  So once I got there I turned north and walked to the corner...and sang along very loudly with my Ipod.  I really don't feel comfortable doing that at the gym.
This afternoon we planned on riding the perimeter on golf cart....but alas, we had a flat tire.  Time for a walk.  We checked on the barberry but only 3 have survived.  The mulberries are ripe so we stopped and snacked and made our teeth blue.  The white mulberry tree has fruit too but we didn't eat any of those.  We checked the bee water and it was down to about 2 inches.  I think I've had enough of bees.  Not only did we have to fill it we had to scrub the stock tank with a toilet brush for bugs who drink out of mud puddles.   Mom's rules you know....
I decided to count the cars and trucks I could see...I got to 32.  But I'm sure I missed some.  I have an irrational fear of walking into the tall grass and getting mugged by a raccoon or a snake.  It hasn't happened in 47 years but you never know.

And I'd really like to know what happened to this car.  Was someone run into or are they really bad at backing up? The front doesn't look much better than the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment